The goal of this type of submission is to attract smaller, focused studies, works-in-progress, critical literature reviews, early results, and/or provocative ideas that are not yet ready for a journal submission, but could benefit from presentation and discussion within the ECSCW community. While the length of exploratory papers is flexible, we expect that papers will be no longer than 6,000 words (without references).
With exploratory papers, we aim at having lively sessions that will contribute to shaping the future of practice-focused CSCW research. Exploratory paper submissions will be reviewed by the ECSCW PC in one round of evaluation (accepted or rejected). Accepted exploratory papers will be published in the ECSCW/EUSSET Digital Library as an edited collection with ISBN and DOIs (more information soon). Please follow the exploratory papers template. The template can be downloaded as RTF or MS Word.
We adopt a single-blind review policy, therefore exploratory papers should not be anonymised.
Authors of exploratory papers will retain the copyright and will then be able to reuse their work in teaching, future publications, and other scholarly and professional activities, and to deposit their work in a university repository.
- Friday, January 26, 2018: Submission deadline
- Friday, March 9, 2018: Deadline for AC reviews
- Friday, March 16, 2018: Deadline for AC meta-reviews
- Friday, March 23, 2018: Notifications due to authors. Exploratory papers are either accepted or rejected. Small additional edits may be requested for accepted exploratory papers before publication
- Friday, April 6, 2018: Camera ready to be submitted for publication in the ECSCW/EUSSET digital library