The Panels venue is dedicated to discuss, inspire, explore, and provoke ECSCW 2018 attendees with emerging and engaging new topics, which can push CSCW research in new directions. Panels are a unique opportunity to get a diverse set of experts on stage at the same time offering opposing viewpoints, positions, and backgrounds.
Ideally, panel proposals will have 3-4 participants, who represent a diversity of ideas and approaches related to a given topic. Topics should be novel, lively or controversial, inspiring the audience to respond and further elaborate on ideas. Panels should be facilitated by a strong moderator, who will guide both the conversation in a timely and focused manner and the audience in expressing their opinions. In addition, we encourage Panel organisers to think innovatively and creatively about how they will facilitate audience interaction in the discussions.
While the ECSCW research agenda might have roots geographically in Europe, ECSCW research is not limited geographically. Therefore, we invite proposals from all over the globe and encourage organizers to include diversity of genders, experiences, nationalities, languages, race, and ethnicity in their panels. Competitive proposals will include:
* Topics that are likely to evoke lively debates among ECSCW attendees
* Diverse set of panelists, each with their own unique perspective on the topic
* Well-structured session plan emphasizing audience interaction (e.g. structured in terms of questions for panelists and audience)
* Content that could not have been put together in a single paper (we do not want a series of short papers)
See the list of pannels at ECSCW 2017: https://ecscw2017.org.uk/panels/
Submissions of 2-4 pages should be sent per email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please follow the exploratory papers template for your proposals. The template can be downloaded as RTF, MS Word or Latex. Submissions are not anonymous and should include all authors names, affiliations, and contact information
Accepted Panel proposals will be published in the ECSCW/EUSSET Digital Library http://www.eusset.eu/digital-library/
Friday, April 13, 2018EXTENDED TO Friday, May 18, 2018: Submission deadline
- Monday, May 21, 2018: Notifications due to authors
- Friday, May 25, 2018: Camera ready deadline
Questions or comments can be sent at: email@example.com