The ECSCW 2018 Doctoral Colloquium provides an opportunity for doctoral students to discuss their research in an international forum under the guidance of a panel of experienced CSCW researchers. The Doctoral Colloquium will be held on Tuesday, June 5, 2018 as part of the 16th European Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Nancy, France.
We invite candidates who are working in the broad field of CSCW to apply. The strongest candidates will be those who have a well-established research proposal and have made some progress towards it, but still have time to benefit from advice and feedback by peers and senior colleagues. Selected candidates will be asked to give short, informal presentations during the Colloquium. These will be followed by extensive group discussion in a friendly and constructive workshop.
IMPORTANT: Candidates accepted for the ECSCW 2018 Doctoral Colloquium will also have the opportunity to attend free of charge a one-day program of Masterclasses on CSCW concepts, methods and challenges delivered by senior researchers and taking place on Monday, June 4, 2018 or any of the workshops that take place on Monday, June 4, 2018.
Candidates have to submit:
- An application submitted by the PhD candidate, that includes:
- A 4-page overview of your doctoral research, stating your research questions, methodological approach, work/findings to date, next steps, and expected contributions. Please follow the exploratory papers template for your proposals. The template can be downloaded as RTF, MS Word or Latex. Submissions should include name, affiliation and contact information.
- A short (2-3 paragraph) biography.
- A paragraph stating what you hope/expect to gain from attending the ECSCW 2018 Doctoral Colloquium.
- A supporting letter emailed directly from the lead supervisor. This should indicate that they support your application to the ECSCW 2018 Doctoral Colloquium and that they agree that your research is at an appropriate stage for participation. It should also indicate how you and other candidates might benefit from your participation in the colloquium.
Submissions should be sent at: ecscw2018-doctoral-
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please label the file with the candidate surname first.
Tuesday, March 6, 2018EXTENDED TO Tuesday, March 20, 2018 : Submission deadline
- Friday, April 6, 2018: Notifications due to authors
- Tuesday, June 5, 2018: Doctoral Colloquium
Questions or comments can be sent at: ecscw2018-doctoral-